06 August 2012

Livvie Layne is in my ears and in my eyes....

I had wanted a baby of my own since my cousin Adam was born when I was eight, but I wasn't in a major hurry.  When I was about thirty, I got in a hurry, and thankfully there was no difficulty in getting pregnant.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Olivia, ever.  I think she was four months old here.  I couldn't get enough of those chocolaty eyes, or that chubby yumminess.  She must have been teething.


Olivia was a super serious toddler, who was almost too inquisitive for her own good. This was the day we had to call Poison Control because she ate one of those daisies in the background.  Shortly after this, we had to call Poison Control, because she was playing with Nonna's pillbox and a blood pressure pill disappeared.  The Tonj was in Denver on business and completely furious he couldn't find us while I was at the local Children's Hospital feeding our two year old chocolate pudding with activated charcoal.  Needless to say, she survived.  So did I.




Here she is on her first day of preschool.  The silliness comes from her father.  Silliness is an attractive quality in a four year old, but not so attractive in a forty year old man.  Silliness aside, Olivia has become a creative, hard working, diligent child, who loves to read, just like me. She has always been assertive, which can be very challenging for a parent.  But she is loving and tender and sweet and kind, and all of the things you wish for in a child.

Olivia tried, well, everything in the extra-curricular world: Multiple dance disciplines, gymnastics, soccer, music.  And then, she found her joy....








Olivia took up competitive swimming last summer.  It has been difficult for her to accept that some kids are going to be better at it than she is.  But, the kid has talent and goals; her plan is to work at the endurance in a winter swim league.

Where did the time go?  Fourth grade starts in a few weeks, and as I look at this photo, it's hard to find my baby.  But my Livvie Layne still has those giant, chocolaty brown eyes.  And my firstborn baby daughter always has a big hug and kiss for the momma who loves her, more than she ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment