07 August 2012

Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun?

Tonight's battle royale between my daughters began over a piece of chewing gum.  The Tonj picked up a pizza, sub, and the ever-critical (to me) diet Coke on their way home from cheer practice tonight.  And, I guess he bought each of them a pack of gum.  ::props to the Tonj for taking care of all of this tonight while I was making the blog pretty::

It is my firm belief that Olivia took the last piece of Sophie's gum.  How two children managed to chew 23 pieces of gum in 90 minutes is beyond me, but this caused Sophie to knock Olivia's glasses off of her face, which wouldn't have been a big deal if the glasses hadn't been broken before and Gorilla Glued back together.  It is a HUGE deal to smack glasses off your sister's face, in my mind.


Needless to say, I was startled when both daughters came screaming down the hall, with Olivia's glasses in two pieces.  Sophie scrambled into the bed with me, and Olivia slapped Sophie's bare bottom, which provoked wailing like I hadn't heard in, well, 12 hours or so.  The smack echoed through the room, and Olivia took off running with her sister's panky, which was promptly thrown in the bathtub.

A bra-free Tonjinator shot out of the master bedroom at speeds unseen by her body since fifth grade, to chase the eldest down the hall to her room.  And then, Olivia was mad AT ME because I didn't punish Sophie for breaking Olivia's glasses.  "Wait a minute, your sister hit you in the face, and you are angry about your glasses being broken?"

If I'm not careful, I'll never understand them, because that entire fiasco was followed by this exchange between me and Sophie.

Tonjinator:  Sophie, why are you wearing your shirt like that?

Sophie:  Because I'm a ninja, Mommy.

Mighty Morphin' Ninja Sophie

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha hey go for the glasses right away! Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH, a comment! I'm so excited! Thank you, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete